Sunday, November 23, 2008

General Conference October 2008!!!

So me and Chris had the most exciting opportunity to go to Stake Conference last October in Salt Lake City Utah!! It was incredibly spiritual and wonderfully fantastic! We were excited to be going with Chris parents (Danno and Judy). Every trip that we go on with them is always fun and exciting! Some memorable experiences included F.O.N (Freak of Nature). I can't remember exactly what this was about, but I speculate that it had something to do with poop. We seriously laughed FOREVER about FON and it remains a wonderful memory. We got to hear stories of Dan's childhood/teenage hood and what it was like to grow up in his era. It makes me thankful for the technology and wonderful inventions we have in this day and age that makes our lives SO much easier (sometimes we don't realize this). I ended up losing my wedding bracelet :( A very sad day indeed. I think I dropped it while we were walking to get to conference. (sigh) We stayed in the most luxurious hotel....I especially like the red dark spots that came with me and Chris's sheets. While we were trying to pass a large semi truck on the freeway, a large rock came off the top of the semi and cracked Chris's winshield...TWICE!!! We got the lisence plate and number off the truck and stopped at the next exit and located a cop to see if we could file a report. The cop turned out to be LDS and served in the stake presidency for his area. Long story short, the cop was nice and Chris couldn't get any reparations for the damaged winshield (of course).

All in all, for my first experience at conference, I believe that is was most spiritual. We went to both morning sessions on Saturday and Sunday. This conference's messages were all powerful. It was a most wonderful experience to be in the auditorium when the new temples were announced (to hear the excitement, whisperings and laughter following). It is a completely different experience being there :) I'm glad we went and hope to go more often. The Salt Lake City Temple was breathtaking as well as temple square. I'm am so thankful for the Savior and for the gospel he has placed on this earth for us. I am thankful for our Savior's atonement and for the wonderful Plan here on earth. I hope that everyone in the world will be able to hear His word, and to feel the infinite happiness that He provides to us when we have faith, believe and repent. Enjoy the pictures!


Chris's Quarter sized ding (#1)

Ding #2

Waiting to get into conference!


Our lovely parents :)


At Conference!
Danno and Judy caught sleeping during conference session!!!!!.....LOL

I just like this picture b/c Dan is waving in the background :)

I hope that me and Chris look this good and are this happy in the future!!!


Hotel FON!!!

No comments: